Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Triple Tangent Tuesday & Thanksgiving Report

1. Today I learned about a study in which the unit of measurement was number of sheep per square mile. I love my Ph.D. program.

2. I ordered new running shoes!! PowerTri Triathlon Shop was having a huge Cyber Monday Sale and everything was 50% off. That means I got the new Saucony A4 Women's Racing Flat for about $50 with tax and shipping. Bam.
3. I have a raincoat from REI that I love. It is a happy, bright yellow, and I have dubbed it "The Yellow Raincoat of Justice!" All it needs now is a theme song.
That's me sporting the Yellow Raincoat of Justice on an early morning jaunt up Rock Canyon to do some climbing last year. My rope was super dirty as demonstrated my my dirty hands.

Now, for the Thanksgiving report: I flew back West the Thursday before Thanksgiving and got to spend some lovely time with my friends and family. Seriously, so grateful for air travel. I got to run with Megan Friday morning, run with Kathryn Monday night, and run up the canyon in Provo with Jennica Tuesday afternoon. All in all, very lovely. I even got a little climbing in with Kim-bo (but definitely not outdoors!). I managed a 5.10c (after 3+ months sans climbing) and started a 5.11b.

I ran the Idaho Falls Run to Feed the Hungry 10K Thanksgiving morning. It felt really hard. I wasn't expecting a stellar time, but I didn't think it would hurt that bad. I finished (probably my slowest 10K ever, but I finished). I got an awesome t-shirt, and I felt totally justified in eating pumpkin pie (my favorite!) for dessert later.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great sale

    I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several things:

    1. I'm so sad I didn't know about the sale!! I'm such a sucker for a good sale!
    2. I'm so jealous you got to see everyone and be running friends!!
    3. Can we please be running friends over the break? I have a good handful of long runs I have to do and it'd be great to have a buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay pumpkin pie! Yay running! YAY NEW SHOES! YAY YOU!

    ReplyDelete