Friday, November 11, 2011

Moment of Silence

Right now, I should be pulling into the Richmond Marathon/McDonald's Half Marathon Expo, checking out all the booths, and lining up to get my race packet and t-shirt. Instead, I am sitting up in bed (hooray for being vertical) surrounded by herbal tea, Kleenex, cough drop wrappers, antibiotics, and my thermometer. Boo for being sick. Boo for missing my race. Boo for not getting my t-shirt or my finisher's medal! Boo for the wasted registration fee. Boo!

To add insult to injury, the meds they've got me on are hard on my stomach. And, I haven't gotten any work done over the last two days. Triple whammy. Can we just have a moment of silence while I mourn?

2 comments:

  1. That sucks, I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo. Last weekend was cursed when it came to races. PS As fate would have it, going to spin 4 days after spraining your ankle is NOT the best idea. :|

    ReplyDelete