Monday, May 30, 2011

Run On, Columbia, Run On

I've been on unintentional hiatus from the blogging world, but not from running. I have been scaling back my mileage a bit lately just to give my sissy joints a break. This morning though, I cajoled/manipulated my older brother into going for a 40-minute run with me. My parents moved recently to the Tri Cities in Washington, only a couple blocks from the Columbia River, and this morning we (my brother and I) ran two-and-a-half blocks to the river walkway for a quick run.

Yes, I'm home in Washington this Memorial Day weekend with the fam. Everyone's in town: me, my younger bros, my older brother, his wife, and their daughter, at the padres' house. It will be one of my last visits before I move out to North Carolina in August. It's great to be home and great to see everyone again. We're planning on a BBQ later today and I'm stoked. The weather here has been amazing compared to Provo. There's been sunshine and warm breezes. I have also made several trips to Costco since I've been here and found some super cute running shorts and matching tank.

My running/workout schedule and eating habits have definitely taken a hit since I've been home. My Saturday-morning "long" run wasn't so much. And I didn't have a Monday morning spin class to go to today, although, I won't have one in Provo when I get back either. My gym decided to cancel all classes. Last week was our last spin class, and I'm not going to lie, there were a few tears at the end. But at home, there's never a shortage of running partners. I just have to talk them into it. This is probably one of my favorite places to run now, next to the river. It's just beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun back home

    I didnt know Costco had running gear, I need to make a trip now

    ReplyDelete