Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Triple Tangent Tuesday

I am currently chillin' at the local-ish Subaru dealership using their free Wi-fi. I will say this: their service guys are as schmarmy as sales guys. The one who checked me in asked me three times, "Now, are you going to hang out with me while we do this, young lady?" with a delightful Southern accent that made me feel like I was already getting ripped off. On the up side, I just realized they have free Diet Coke and apples. Don't mind if I do. In spite of the freebies, I still miss my old dealership. They were good to me.

On to the tangents (as if that wasn't tangential enough).

1. I parallel park like a boss. I gave myself a pat-on-the-back last week for successfully wedging my Outback between two extended-cab, extended-bed trucks (welcome to the South). I was on my way to the pool and was not about to walk three miles in the dark to get there, so I made my car fit.



2. I hate car maintenance. It's all a bunch of malarkey. (Guess who just got the diagnosis of $1,000 worth of repairs on her car...) I hate how one person will tell you one thing, and then another will tell you something completely different. How can that happen? I just don't understand.

3. On a happier note, I am running the Cable Bridge Run (that sounds redundant) this Saturday! My mom told me every year there's a bridge troll. At first I was really worried, like, is this some kind of extreme race where I have to fight off a troll to make it to the finish? (Like one of those Spartan races?) My mom reassured me that, no, the troll is there only to direct runners. Or so she says...If you don't hear from me after Saturday, you'll know I was snatched by a troll!


No comments:

Post a Comment